Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Quenching The Cry

As I have gone through life, I have heard a cry.  A cry of deep desire and emptiness, longing to be filled.  This cry is in every woman's heart.  It is the desire to be loved intimately.

Standing in the corner of a party, looking at a man that is so cute, yet knowing that he would never be interested in you... there's the cry.

Living alone with only a pet or with just the TV to keep you company after a long day... there's the cry.


Photo from http://pixabay.com

This cry is always searching for relief.  We think, "If I just get a boyfriend," or "If this guys only would like me," or "When I get married, then I will be happy."

When I was fourteen, I went through a time of depression.  I was physically unwell and my life felt meaningless.  I didn't have many friends and the friends I did have didn't fill the hole that cried out within me.  It was a cry for a deep, intimate relationship.  A desire to be held, to be treasured, and loved passionately.  I knew I needed something because I felt incomplete.

My soul was rubbed raw.

Now, many of you are expecting a speech on how wonderful it is to being single and that we should embrace it.  Well, I am going to tell it to you straight:

That's not true.

When I tried to be happy in just being single, I found myself more miserable because I still had that cry within my heart.

 The history of the cry:

"Yet your desire and craving will be for your husband, and he will rule over you." ~ Genesis 3:16b

Our curse is to feel incomplete without a husband... yet does that mean only a husband can satisfy this cry.  No, it just means we have an inner desire to be loved.  Even after people get married, or get a boyfriend, or be liked by a boy, it still doesn't satisfy this cry completely.  Why do you think so many marriages and relationships break up?  Because somebody doesn't feel satisfied.

Then how do we satisfy this cry?

Going back to my own story, I was given a book called Practicing the Presence of God.  Jesus used this book to show my heart that He is real and that He is satisfying!

We cannot be happy being single because we are meant to be married to Christ!

Being single means you are on your own. That there is no one to spend the rest of your life with.  We, as woman cannot survive like this.  We need to be loved.  That is a real need, so don't be ashamed of it, but I have good news for you:

We have Someone Who loves us!

I fell in love with Jesus for Who He is, not just for what He does for me.   He is there to help us in our daily life.  To love us when we are completely alone.  He is our Bridegroom who satisfies the cry of our heart.

 What are your thoughts?  Have you experienced Christ like this or are you uncertain about how to satisfy this cry within you?  Comment below your thoughts or questions.  I respond to every comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment